MSM Blackout on Climategate continues
A search of the MyWestTexas.com site of "Climate", "East Anglia", and "CRU" (Clmate Research Unit) turns up nothing after the story of leading "Climate Science" research scientists at the Climate Research Unit of East Anglia University in Britain* get caught (to review):
- Trying to hide global cooling trends that they cannot explain.
- Corrupting the usual science peer review process by both withholding their raw data and methodologies from "unpredictable" peers. Their words, not mine....and what they mean by that is scientists who are not in the tank for them already.
- Discussing the deleting of raw data (which was already under a FOI request) rather than turn it over to the aforementioned "unpredictables".
- Delibrately coding their climate models to make up warming trends not indicated by the data but that they just knew should be there.
We brought this up before, but it bears repeating: If Exxon/Halliburton/InsertFaveCheneyBogeymanHere had taken millions and millions of dollars in research grants from the government and had been caught doing all of this to hide a warming trend shown by the raw data do you think that it may have found it's way into the national news after five days?
Of course, it would. "Exxon" in this case would have been in the news on day one, subpeoned to appear before the House or Senate on day two, and had nine class action suits filed against it on day three. On day four, Al Gore would be-renominated for another Oscar for his movie "An Inconvenient Truth" in the category of General Awsomeness.
But it isn't Exxon. It's the theoretical good guys, quietly doing their research with nothing in mind other than the advancement of knowledge and the interests of the planet.
And coming up with the exact same solution for the "climate crisis" that is used for all others crisises be they social, environmental, or medical: A massive transfer of wealth from producers to non-producers all orchestrated by the guys who pay these same researchers.
For the record, the info on Climategate isn't being blockaded at 201 E. Illinois. It just isn't coming in on the national wires in the first place. Once Sarah Palin's new book is knocked off the best-sellers list maybe the national news wires can free up some reporters to look into the "science" behind proposals to extract and divert to the United Nations (essentially) trillions and trillions from the global economy.
But so far, nothing. Except from the blogosphere and, of course, Fox News.
I do wonder if there is some sort of feedback loop built in to the newswire system where local papers can ping back to those upstream and ask them just where the Hell they are on this story. Or any story for that matter. If not, there should be.
* If there is a war on against "climate change" the Climate Research Unit of East Anglia University has been described as the "Pentagon". A lot of other research is based upon research from this group. If their data is cooked, then it corrupts all subsequent research based upon these...um....findings. That is why this is bigger than just the merry band of fudgers at East Anglia
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: MSM Blackout on Climategate continues.
TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.jessicaswell.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/2794